CrossHatch Adhesion Tester Instruction
Features and uses:
This instrument is designed and manufactured according to the standard of ISO2409-1992, and is applicable to GB/T9286-98, BS 3900 E6.
The instrument draw the grid of a certain size by a certain specification of the tools by using the uniform force, cut and penetrate the coating to be a grid lattice graphics, to evaluate the adhesion of coating on the substrate through the assessment of the full extent of the grid.
There are six classes of grid lattice graphics, the assessment of coating separation from the substrate resistance is showing as different classes.
It is widely used to evaluate the adhesion of various coatings. It is not only to be used in the laboratory, can also be used under various conditions of the construction site.
Multi-blade cutter spacing: 1 +0.01mm, 2+0.01mm.
Multi-blade cutter addendum straightness:0.003mm 0.006mm.
Multi-blade cutter tooth tip width: 0.05mm.
Cutter spacing and cutter types: 1mm/2mm; 11 teeth and 6 teeth
Temperature: 23 ± 2 ° C; Relative humidity: 50 ± 5%.
Operation and user instruction:
1. Placing the test piece on a tablet of sufficient hardness.
2. Holding the handle of the program grid, keeping the multi-blade cutter perpendicular to the plane of the test piece.
3. By using the uniform force, with the manner of not fibrillation and balance and 20-50mm/S cutting speed to draw.
- Rotating the test piece to 90 °, repeating the above operations, so as to enable to cut a grid lattice graphics.
- Brushing the two diagonals of grid lattice graphics by using the soft brush gently backward and forward each five times.
6. The test should be taken at least in three different locations on the test piece. If the results of three positions are different, the test should be repeated in more than three positions, and record all results.
7. If it need to replace the multi-blade cutter, use the screwdriver to unscrew the two screws on the cutter body and change the cutter, affix the edge of cutter to the handle, then tighten the screws.
1 Carrying case
2 CrossHatch Cutter & Handle
3 1 roll of 3M Transparent Tape
1. All the incision should penetrate the coating, cut into the substrate but must not be too deep.
2. If the coating is too thick and hard to penetrate in the substrate, then the test is invalid. However, it should be explained in the test report.
3. In some special situation or special requirements, it must be compatible with the tape method for the final determination. The tape is generally 12.7mm wide translucent tape, back material is polyester film or cellulose acetate. Put the tape over the whole grid, then tear off it at the minimum angle, the result can be obtained according to the film surface by adhesive peeling area ratio.